“20 Critical Questions You MUST
Ask Before Hiring an IT Company to Support Your Dental Practice”
If You Depend On Your Computer Network To Run Your Successful Independent Dental Practice, This Is One Report You DON’T Want To Overlook!
This free report will explain in simple, non-technical terms what you need to look for when outsourcing your dental practice’s IT Network support, as well as cost-saving strategies, insider tips, and revealing questions you MUST ask any computer consultant before giving him access to your office’s IT computer network. If your current guy can’t answer with a confident “Yes” to all 20, it might be time to look for a new resource.
- The single most expensive mistake most independent dental practices make when hiring an IT consultant.
- The surprising reason most dental practices fall victim to sub-standard support and advice that impacts the profitability of their practice.
- What some IT consultants are doing to take advantage of dentists, and how to make sure you’re not one of them.
- How to avoid expensive computer hardware and software repair bills and get all the computer support you need for a low, fixed monthly rate.
Dear Fellow Business Owner,
Hi, I’m Stuart Cantin, President of Digital Dental Systems, Inc. As a business owner, I know how busy you are so I’ll get right to the point.
Although we haven’t met yet, I’m willing to wager a bet that your computer network – and the critical data it holds – is not as secure as you think it is. How do I know?
Because over and over again I’m frustrated by the incompetence and irresponsibility I discover when I audit a dental practice’s IT Network. In almost all of the computer networks I review, I find faulty or non-existent backups, security loopholes, and flawed systems that simply cost more to maintain, and don’t align with the operations of the dental practic. And, these issues can really affect your profitability.
Plus, not a week goes by where we don’t get a ‘911 crisis call’ from a dental practice with a technical disaster that COULD have been prevented. Why do so many businesses pay for substandard computer support? Simply because they don’t know what they don’t know, especially in the area of IT Network management. They don’t know how to verify that their network IS secure and working at peak efficiency for their independent dental practice. I get it.
Dentists are experts at providing the best dental practices, not at managing their IT Network. But, to run a successful independent dental practice requires an IT Network that helps you with patient management, patient marketing and patient care. And this is where Digital Dental Systems, Inc. can help. We know IT Network management best practices like you know dental best procedures. And, we know them in the dental industry specifically!
That’s why I’ve written this report for the dental practices in our area. My goal is to EDUCATE you about what to look for in an IT consultant. I’m shocked at the oversight, and sometimes sloppiness of many self-proclaimed “experts,” and want to see the standards raised. Below you’ll find a mini acid test you can use to determine whether or not your IT network really IS being supported properly.
If your technician does not score a “yes” on every point, you could be paying for substandard support AND be wide open to a very expensive, very frustrating computer disaster. If you find even 1 box left unchecked, let’s talk. Let’s see if it’s time for your dental practice to take control of your IT Network. It’s possible with Digital Dental Systems as your IT Network partner.
- Do they answer their phones “live” and respond to support issues in 1 hour or less?
- Are they remotely monitoring your network 24-7-365 to keep critical security settings, virus definitions, and security patches up to date?
- Do they INSIST on monitoring an offsite as well as an onsite backup, or are they letting you rely on outdated tape backups for HIPAA compliance?
- Do they INSIST on doing periodic test restores of your backups to make sure the data is not corrupt and can be restored in the event of a disaster?
- Have they provided you with written network documentation detailing what software licenses you have, critical network passwords, and hardware information, or are they the only person with the “keys to the kingdom?”
- Do they consistently (and proactively) offer new ways to improve your network’s performance, or do they wait until you have a problem to make recommendations?
- Do they provide detailed invoices that clearly explain what you are paying for?
- Do they explain what they are doing and answer your questions in terms that you can understand (not geek-speak)?
- Do they complete projects on time and on budget, or does every project end up taking longer and costing more than you expected?
- Do they offer any guarantees on their services?
- Do they arrive on time and dress professionally?
- Do they have other technicians on staff who are familiar with your network in case your regular technician goes on vacation or gets sick?
- Do their technicians maintain current vendor certifications and participate in ongoing training, or do you feel as though they are learning on your dime?
- Do they take calls from other clients while working on your network (and on your dime)?
- Do you have to manage their progress on projects, or do they provide frequent updates, status reports, and follow-up calls and e-mails?
- Do they offer flat-rate or fixed-fee project quotes, or do they give themselves a wide open playing field with time and materials?
- Do they have 15+ years experience working in the dental industry, with expertise in practice management and imaging software integration?
- Do they have numerous references from other area dental practices validating their expertise and commitment to solving their specific challenges?
- Are they willing to work around your practice schedule to ensure maximum productivity of your dental practice?
- Do they know what HIPAA is, and do they understand your responsibilities relative to your office technology systems?
If Your Current IT Guy Failed This Test, I Want to Give You A FREE Network Audit To Show You How To Make Things “Right.”
I know you’re busy running your practice, and that you can simply forget to think about the security, compliance, and health of your IT Network UNTIL something major happens. And, with insurance and HIPAA regulations today, security and compliance is more important than ever before.
If this is you, consider this a “friendly reminder” to get your network checked out – if nothing else, it’s a good way to get a third party review of your IT Network’s security.
And to make it a complete “no-brainer,” I’m offering an IT Network Check-Up for FREE so you have no excuse for making sure that your IT Network is safe not only from spyware and viruses, but also hackers, spam, data loss, hardware failure, software corruption, and a number of other disasters. And, we as a part of our audit we will also offer advice on how your IT Network can actually help improve the profitability of your independent dental practice!
For FREE, We Will Come To Your Office And…
- Check your firewall’s security settings to make sure you are protected from the latest hacker attacks, worms, and viruses.
- Scan for spyware (3 devices) that may be secretly stealing your practice’s bandwidth, jeopardizing the speed of your computer system, and embezzling confidential information about you, your employees, and your business.
- Check your network’s back-up system to ensure it is working properly and accurately backing up all of the critical patient files and information you never want to lose.
- Verify that your server(s) have the most up-to-date security patches installed properly; miss one critical update and you could become a “sitting duck.”
- Diagnose slow, unstable PCs.
Why Should You Care About This?
There are literally dozens of ways hackers and viruses can hijack your network – undetected – to access and remotely control your network, corrupt your data, and use your network as a conduit for spreading spam, viruses, and even illegal software.
There are numerous system checks and updates that should be done on a regular basis to ensure maximum speed, performance, and security. Ignore them and your system will get progressively slower, unstable, and susceptible to viruses, spyware, and hackers. Tape backups have a failure rate of 100% – that means all tape drives will fail at some point, often without warning. You don’t want to find out that your backup was not working the day after your hard drive failed, or data lost to viruses.
Think About This…
What else in your independent dental practice is more valuable than the data on your network? Just imagine how devastating it would be to lose it! That’s why this Check-Up is so important. We’ll conduct a comprehensive review of your network’s security settings to make sure your data is safe and secure.
Okay…So What’s The Catch?
I bet you’re wondering why I’d be willing to give this away for free, so please allow me to explain. First off, I want to be clear that this is NOT a bait and switch offer or a trick to get you to buy something. My reputation for running an honest and trustworthy business is something I hold very dear. I would never jeopardize that in any way.
We are simply offering this Free Network Check-Up as a risk-free “get to know us” offer to people we haven’t had the pleasure of doing business with.
Here’s How It Works…
To get your FREE, no-strings-attached, Network Check-Up, call my office at 561-439-5353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll schedule a convenient time for one of our technicians to come on-site and conduct a complete health check of your Dental IT System. When we’re done, we will provide a comprehensive and easy-to-read report that will show any problems, threats, or vulnerable areas that need to be addressed.
If we discover a problem, we’ll also provide you with a recommended action plan and fixed-fee quote on what it will cost for us to resolve it. No hidden fees; no bait and switch. If you decide to hire us to do the repair (you’re under no obligation), we’ll get to work on it immediately.
And if we find out everything is safe and secure, you’ll breathe a big sigh of relief knowing the true state of your dental practice network’s health and security.
What do you have to lose? Don’t let another day go by without verifying the health and security of your network! We’re making this as easy as possible to say yes – all you have to do is take 60 seconds to call or email us and schedule an appointment. We’ll do the rest!
P.S. Remember, this offer is for a FREE Network Check-Up. You are under no obligation to do or buy anything, but you must respond NOW or you will miss out!
Stuart R Cantin, President
Digital Dental Systems is Your Technology Partner